EVN 0.00% $3.73 evolution mining limited

Hopefully but EVN is not likely to sell Shit Lake in the near to...

1. 1,155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    Hopefully but EVN is not likely to sell Shit Lake in the near to medium term. They keep throwing more of our shareholders $ on this Shit Lake because they don’t want to admit they (Jake, board and Dr Mastermind) made a huge bloody cock up buying this camp. Not only buying Shit Lake but paying such a high price knowing the amount of capital expenditure needed to turn this around. Now don’t get me started on the hillbilly culture.
    To make matters worse EVN have to pay Newmont another USD$100 million for every 1 million ounces discovered up to 2 million ounces (that’s USD$200 million) FFS what’s the point of forking out the cost of drilling to find those ounces then having to pay that agreed ransom. My mind boggles at how bad this deal is and how bad it’s turned out.
    So what is going wrong in this camp? It’s not the grade - it’s gotta be double the grade at Cowal underground. It’s not the geology of the rock - it’s not that expensive to extract the gold from the rock.

Is it the method and expertise of management to mine gold at an acceptable cost - could be? Are the hillbillies still playing up - could be? Did this highly experienced board who should’ve known better completely f* up the purchase price, conditions in the deal and the risk of turning this mine around - obviously YES.

So why are other mines in Canada running on a good margin and Shit Lake is still running negative quarters after negative quarters for 4 years now?

Jake said he was heading to Shit Lake to see how the new strategy is working by mining less ounces which somehow increases the cash flow. It’s obvious that EVN did not have a cost effective mining strategy if they are now changing tactics. At the next quarterly conference call we should all demand that Jake give us a report on what is going wrong when other mines in Canada are performing better. I would also like to know if these hillbillies are still playing up as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.73
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.407B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.77 $3.78 $3.66 $45.59M 12.27M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 69459 $3.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.74 73486 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.72
  Change
0.000 ( 0.53 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.77 $3.78 $3.66 4002495
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
EVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.