MIN 3.58% $53.92 mineral resources limited

MIN is a long term play. The dividend is disappointing for...

1. 100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    MIN is a long term play. The dividend is disappointing for holders, 91% increase net debts, 99% capex increase appears to be mostly related to mine development? Can anyone fill the details for that? 33% increase npat which again I assume is due to MARBL jv, so minus that and your left with pretty poor numbers. Revenue from contracts with customers is only up 3.8%, however total revenue from ops is up 7%.

I think we can all agree, and it will be the same for many material companies in and around this sector that the numbers will be poor all around. Iron ore has taken a 14% dip this year, we all known the lithium fiasco. Not surprising but again this is a long term play. Materials are cyclical, incredibly sensitive to worldly events, natural disasters, economic performance, supply/demand etc. This is a bit of a down turn however for the long play, there should be no issues. This wouldn't be the first time they've had commodity prices drop, poor economic conditions and not so good report numbers.

I have a feeling the current SP has already factored in a lot of these results so I honestly wouldn't expect it to fall much, and if so I think that presents a good buying opportunity. Just looking now, 57 aligns with 618 fib extension so that is a pretty healthy pullback. The next level is low 40s and I don't see them reaching those levels from this, but it isn't impossible especially with the surge in short interest and current conditions. I have noticed with many mats companies especially in the rare earths, lithium, battery tech space etc, the volatility and manipulation is on an entirely different level.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MIN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$53.92
Change
-2.000(3.58%)
Mkt cap ! $10.56B
Open High Low Value Volume
$55.69 $55.75 $53.92 $70.45M 1.292M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2257 $53.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$54.20 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MIN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.