ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 5,960 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18459
    Swami Raote spoke yesterday about the Company’s plans to develop a synthetic allograft form of BTM. I didn’t catch it all but heard him mention things like allograft cost and how it is not always available.

The timeline for this synthetic allograft was the subject of the first analyst's question. She was told that  they first wanted to test the product with multiple surgeons, develop a protocol and then submit a 510(k).

“Synthetic allograft”, I am assuming, refers to use of BTM as a temporary wound coverage which is removed prior to complete integration, as described in a paper published last month.

From that paper

The low cost of BTM also allows it to be used as a temporary wound coverage, protecting vital structures and keeping the wound hydrated while awaiting definitive reconstruction (30.2% of cases in our practice).

In 26 cases (30.2%), BTM was used as a temporizer while the patient awaited further debridement of wounds or another form of definitive closure.

In cases where BTM was used as a temporary coverage, the initial surgical steps were the same, but instead of removing the sealing membrane after 4 weeks, the entire BTM template was removed before integration completion.

Can anyone here from a medical background explain to me what would be the purpose/benefit of using BTM in this temporary way vs. allowing BTM to fully integrate?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.