DSK 3.70% 84.0¢ dusk group limited

Ann: FY24 Trading Update, page-51

1. 46 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Yea I agree. Some companies have an Equity Strategy which is released to the market. I like the idea of this, because it gives clear guidance on what they should try and achieve with such a strategy and also gives firm guidance to the board and shareholders. I think it manages expectations a lot better as well. The board doesnt need to justify their position, and shareholders don't need to ask.

In terms of the takeover, I am not opposed to it at the right price. I have had a look at the shareholder register, and dusk insiders own about 10% (im including Brett Blundy and Phil King in this) . The majority of insiders were issued shares around the IPO mark. So I think, if they wanted their money back, at the very least they would need to sell at + $2.00 to be satisfied.
    Then there is the institutional investors who have bought at the 0.80 mark (im pretty sure anyway) which is Regal and Wilson Asset Management. They could agree to a takeover, at anything above that, but between them they have about 6-7%. Thai Hedge Fund is around the high $1.90 I think**, they have around 3%. There is a couple more institutional investors that I cant see, but no more than 9% combined, and they all bought around the $1.50-$2.
    The rest are retail investors, and a large majority bought between $2-$4.

So I think in terms of a takeover, the only ones that would agree to a cheap* takeover would be the Investors that have bought in recent times. I don't see enough shares changing hands to achieve an off market takeover bid that would satisfy the majority of shareholders.

If they decided to do an on market takeover, a positive is that because there isn't much liquidity, the purchase would pump the price up. There was only 1 million shares on the buy side in the last couple of trading days and that has pushed the price up 42%.

So I think, in my opinion based on those assumptions, that a takeover is unlikely at the moment. I think it would only go through if the company has gotten a lot worse fundamentally (which it hasn't). It would be easy to argue against any takeover bids around current prices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DSK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
84.0¢
Change
0.030(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $52.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
81.0¢ 86.0¢ 80.0¢ $510.3K 611.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 169 83.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
84.0¢ 22086 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DSK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.