G6M 1.89% 2.6¢ group 6 metals limited

Ann: G6M Appoints Executive General Manager of Operations, page-2

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    https://mining.com.au/group-6-bolsters-team-on-path-to-production/Group 6 bolsters team on path to production
    Group 6 Metals (ASX:G6M) is actively pursuing growth opportunities after enlisting 30-year mining veteran Tony Davis as Executive General Manager – Operations effective 3 April 2024.

Group 6 Metals, which has a $70.28 million market capitalisation, says the appointment is an ‘important’ step for the company as it continues to ramp up its tungsten concentrate production and prepares for underground mining operations in 2026.

While his primary focus will be on the Dolphin Mine operations on King Island in Tasmania, Davis will also be responsible for executing growth opportunities such as ore sorting, sodium tungstate, and expanding reserves/resources through regional exploration.

According to Group 6 Metals, Davis has a proven track record in leading and optimising both underground and surface operations across Africa and Australia given his 5-year tenure at EMR Capital’s Lubambe Copper Mine in Zambia.

Prior to that, Davis served as Chief Operating Officer at Kidman Resources — prior to its $776 million acquisition by Wesfarmers (ASX:WES) — playing a ‘pivotal’ role in transforming the company from a junior explorer with a market capitalisation below $10 million to a producer exceeding $200 million.

Davis says: “I’m very happy to join Group 6 Metals as the Executive General Manager of Operations. The Dolphin Project has reached this exciting stage thanks to the incredible hard work and dedication of the entire G6M team over the past several years.

The next 6-9 months are crucial for ramping up production, and I look forward to collaborating with this talented group to secure a long-term stable supply of western tungsten for the future.”

Group 6 Metals Managing Director and CEO Keith McKnight says: “We are delighted to welcome Tony to G6M. His extensive experience and proven ability to deliver operational excellence will be invaluable as we ramp up production at the Dolphin Mine and execute our growth strategy.

Tony’s appointment strengthens our leadership team and positions us well to achieve our vision of becoming a significant tungsten producer.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G6M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
-0.001(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $26.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.8¢ 2.6¢ $7.272K 273.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 551400 2.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.6¢ 231792 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.38pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
G6M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.