GLN 3.57% 13.5¢ galan lithium limited

Ann: Galan Acquires Catalina Title in Catamarca & Salta Provinces, page-49

1. 847 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2990
    For mine, I get some long term shareholder frustration , but I think its a positive announcement. For those who read the fine print, the issue has been disclosed previously but they quite sensibly never put neon lights on it as they were trying to get it resolved in the background without too much fuss which this agreement has managed to do.

It is a private owner they bought, so the rights that person claimed with respect to Salta province will now be vested to Gln, so there is no obstacles anymore. I remain pretty convinced that the inter-governmental dispute, if there really is one of substance which I doubt ( ie royalties etc) will be sorted out between the provinces themselves. It's not hard to run a pro-rata calculation if needed and I think both provinces are smart enough to know stopping production only makes everyone poorer. What could have stopped production however was a private owner seeking injuction's but that wont happen now and it happen with a provincial government as that would just make them look very silly when Salta like Catamarca both spriuk how much they want foreign investment in lithium .

Arguments that doing this at the bottom ( in terms of share price) don't make a lot of sense to me. We are not raising cash here, we are exchanging shares for tenure. We dont know what the notional value per share was placed on those 9,756,098 shares and the value could have been much higher than the recent vwap history. I imagine this deal has been some time in the making , so suspect the value per share was likely higher somewhat than it is now when the number of shares was formed up.

I am unashamedly a glass half full person, one probably wouldn't invest most of their portfolio in mining and resource related stocks if one wasnt a glass half person , so I acknowledge that openly, maybe to optimistic I am. However I think this is a positive announcement and the sort of announcement one discloses when an even bigger one is the pipework and the latter one probably needed this issue sorted out and put to bed before the bigger announcement follows suit. People smart enough here to connect dots can probably work out what I am talking about. Anyway , I have a heap of Galan shares and needed no more but if the more wants to keep selling it off I really dont care, I will happily keep topping up and buying more as its way to cheap on a fundamental basis and I rarely get these bets wrong when I double down.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $67.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 14.5¢ 13.5¢ $235.7K 1.709M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 560643 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 38984 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.