GLN 8.70% 31.5¢ galan lithium limited

i am glad that JP acknowledged the Glencore deal is taking...

1. 176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    i am glad that JP acknowledged the Glencore deal is taking longer than expected. But I wished he also acknowledged he'd screwed up big time with the latest CR. He kept telling people he's looking for non dilutive funding but turned out we're hit with a dilutive CR. He could have been more proactive. When he first came up with DFS for phase one and two, he knew he'll need millions of dollars. From the DFS till the latest CR, there are so many opportunities to raise capital at a much better prices. He didn't do it, why? I think (note: this is my opinion) he was overly optimistic. He thought the market cap will go up once he showed people that pond one and two are progressing, i.e. getting nearer to production. He thinks his asset is world class and it's worth a lot more. He failed to recognise that the asset is only as valuable as the prevailing LCE price trend, i.e. if LCE price is on an uptrend, the asset is worth billions, but in a downtrend it's worth much less. In some ways, it's similar to what Charlie Munger said about properties, it's only worth as much as the financiers are willing to finance. It was extremely dangerous and reckless to let cash balance run down to a level where you're forced to decide either to take anything that's available or turn off the lights. Now that the CR is done, I just hope that JP has learnt from the past experience and be more pragmatic and proactive going forward. All my opinion. Still a shareholder who bought when share price went below 0.3 and also took the SPP.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
31.5¢
Change
-0.030(8.70%)
Mkt cap ! $130.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
35.0¢ 36.0¢ 31.0¢ $1.192M 3.558M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 7065 31.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
32.0¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
32.0¢
  Change
-0.030 ( 8.10 %)
Open High Low Volume
35.5¢ 36.0¢ 31.0¢ 1997630
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.