GLN 3.03% 17.0¢ galan lithium limited

Not quite sure I follow. I may have previously suggested a...

1. 4,920 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4983
    Not quite sure I follow. I may have previously suggested a construction slowdown, but I think they need to pause altogether and take the hit (see here from early this month: https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/74284929/single). I don't see how that suggestion is incongruous with wondering why the updates have dried up. Since the start of the year, they provided standalone price-sensitive announcements about pond construction/filling on at least five occasions - 9 January, 23 January, 27 February, 19 March, 29 April. It's now been almost two months since any specific construction updates have been provided, which is definitely a change in approach. Unfortunately, the recent share price weakness (only partly the fault of the recent capital raise - the whole sector is getting smashed) effectively means that continuing to fund the project via equity is now certainly out of the question; the dilution would be too destructive. Raising the assumed balance of around A$95M at say 13.5c would mean over 700M new shares (150% dilution) and who knows how many options, and there's simply not that amount of capital available for struggling juniors; even in a bull market the biggest raise they ever got away was A$50M.

At A$80M market cap considering what they have it's hardly expensive, however it appears the debt option is dead now. I just can't see how they fund the balance of the capex; it's too difficult to place a value on a partially-built project. What do you think they need to do from here?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
0.005(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $80.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 17.0¢ 16.5¢ $420.7K 2.493M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 334361 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 259700 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.