GLN 0.00% 19.0¢ galan lithium limited

The share price action this morning doesn't surprise me a great...

1. 1,850 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1469
    The share price action this morning doesn't surprise me a great deal - likely yesterday there were plenty of traders who jumped in on the volume spike late in the day on the sniff of an announcement - I would have been one of them had I not spotted it just after the close. The faux pas let slip in the webinar recently that JP was off on a plane to London to sign important documents was the first hint and yesterdays last minute frenzy on close was the smoke was a sure sign something was about to drop and those in the know wanted to cash in. Those looking for a quick buck will be selling the news today, and 20% overnight is a dream pay day for a short term trader.
    For the rest of us looking for a bit more - consider what we have here now:
    A $250m market cap co, with a (soon to be) cash balance of close to half of that, 18 months away from free cashflow of $50-100m per year in stage 1, with a binding offtake for 100% of production with the world's largest mining company.
    No export permit required.
    Construction already underway.
    A tier 1 resource already mapped out.

That alone should be sufficient to see this move from here to a A$1.5bn market cap as we reach stage 1 first production. (say US$50m EBITDA x P/E of 20, considering the future growth pipeline, convert to AUD$)
    6 x current share price assuming no dilution (which today seems to have cemented)

Then we have stage 2 - 20ktpa of LiCl at say US$20k per tonne margin - US$400m EBITDA
    At a 10x P/E that could justify a MC of A$6bn
    25x current share price with no dilution

And if somehow we make it all the way to the stage 4 goal of 60ktpa without being gobbled up then we are looking at a possible market cap of A11b+ based on a conservative P/E of 6x by that stage.
    That is around 44 x current share price

A long journey ahead but imo the hardest part was the first hurdle of stage 1 capex funding and offtake, and today that has well and truly been cleared.

Then we have the left field possibilities of a decent discovery in Greenbushes or James Bay, which could potentially provide options for funding future capex or development projects in their own right.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $90.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.0¢ 19.5¢ 19.0¢ $534.9K 2.793M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 525942 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 77760 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
19.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.20 %)
Open High Low Volume
19.0¢ 19.5¢ 19.0¢ 1073409
Last updated 15.47pm 14/06/2024 ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.