GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Ann: Galaxy Appoints Lithium Marketing Consultant, page-18

1. 141 Posts.
    re: Ann: Galaxy Appoints Lithium Marketing Co... @Maxi
    I believe I mentioned this near the end of summer last year. Just after the merger with LithiumOne.

In any case, I'll mention it again...

I spoke with one of the board members of FMC's at that time. He said they were looking to expand their lithium production by exactly 17,000tons per annum, but not anytime before the end of the year.(2012)

It certainly is interesting to see some FMC employees working on the construction side of things down in Argentina, and now another FMC employee with an accumulative working experience, in both Japan and China, of 11years.

Before Talison started making market moves, i was firmly convinced it would be our neighbours, FMC, that would strike to make a merger happen.
    It seems FMC is making more moves within our territory than Talison at this time, but who knows how hungry Talison is.

For the most part, I was trying to find out how long the turnaround from technical sales -> battery sales would take.

While I didn't get a direct answer, i did find out that some of their cathode producers require less stringent product quality assurances. Which means they'll take the 99.0% technical grade product off their hands immediately while the 99.5% BG qualification process and pilot programs are on going.

As their strategy, this will keep a steady stream of income inflow, while the BG qualifications progress.

*Key to note:
    he said that the technical grade(99.0%) product they're selling to these cathode producers is very close to the BG spot prices due to Supply Contractions. So they are still happy to sell technical grade.

(im back.. just had a piss poor day)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.