CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

Ann: Garden Island Microgrid Project, page-26

1. 17,457 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1159
    Once established, the microgrid at Garden Island could be added to. What is to stop other renewable energy technologies joining the party?

I think it is sensible, to use tried and tested solar pv as a first step but others may come along that could add capacity and flexibility, such as other wave energy technologies, wind, tidal, biomass etc.

Perhaps Bombora and Stonehenge may reach the stage of development where they could demonstrate their capacity to value add to the array. The devices they are developing have different wave harvesting characteristics that may prove beneficial.

Provided those companies were accepted under the proviso that they accept all responsibility for any risk (either technical or financial), I could not see why they could not also join in. If successful, there maybe other projects where CWE might want to manage microgrid projects where these devices might be included as well.

More and more, I am pleased that desalination was part of CWE's plans. Microgrids that include energy, freshwater and storage have the ability to completely transform remote localities that would not previously have been considered for development.

Good on Western Power for getting behind CWE on this project.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.