IVZ 4.55% 6.9¢ invictus energy ltd

Lol i know close to SFA about the industry besides what i've...

1. 279 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    Lol i know close to SFA about the industry besides what i've learnt from this forum (which is alot considering i've come from nothing) but the first thing i did was throw the question at chatGPT
    Q: What is the common percentage gain for government for a PPSA when it comes to an oil resource

A: The percentage gain for a government from a Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) in the oil sector can vary widely depending on several factors, including the specific terms negotiated between the government and the oil company, the level of risk involved in the project, the size and potential profitability of the oil resource, and the prevailing market conditions.

Typically, governments negotiate a share of the oil production or revenue generated from the project as part of the PSA. This share can range from around 50% to 90% or more, but it can vary significantly depending on the factors mentioned above and the bargaining power of the parties involved.

Q: What is the average? can you give examples?

A: 50-60% Range: In some cases, especially in regions with well-established oil industries and relatively low exploration risks, governments may negotiate for around 50-60% of the oil production or revenue. For instance, in countries like Norway or the UK, where the oil industry is mature and stable, the government's take can be around this range.

60-70% Range: In regions with moderate risks and where the government wants to incentivize oil exploration and development, the government's share may fall in the range of 60-70%. For example, this might be seen in countries like Brazil or Indonesia.

70-80% Range: In regions where there are significant exploration risks or where the government seeks to maximize its revenue from oil resources, the government's share may be higher, typically in the range of 70-80%. This could be the case in countries like Nigeria or Venezuela.

80% and Above: In some cases, especially in countries with nationalized oil industries or where the government seeks maximum control and revenue from oil resources, the government's share can be 80% or even higher. Countries like Saudi Arabia or Kuwait may have arrangements where the government retains the vast majority of oil production revenue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
0.003(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $97.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.8¢ 6.9¢ 6.6¢ $269.3K 3.995M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 482259 6.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.9¢ 421552 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.