ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    In my opinion, NWH as a company is doing well – a topic I'll return to after the FY20 Results are published, because then I can comment on things like the sizes of the Order Book and the Pipeline, gross margins, debt and its relevant ratios, et cetera. Also, for a company with a turnover of roughly $2,000m, the potential loss or gain that springs from GCY should not make a material difference to NWH as a business, and hence should not influence decisions to buy, sell, or hold, NWH shares, but that does not mean that the GCY issue is not of interest.

The concept as to what NWH means in HC posts varies – sometimes posters mean the company as a business, and sometime posters mean NWH's share price. A comment like, “NWH is in trouble”, can mean either the business, or the SP, is in trouble. If Chicken Licken cries that the NWH is falling, one can be sure that Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky and Lucy Goosey are going to concur, so the share price will fall, and traders should expect that, and join the gaggle. However, NWH as a business may well be improving. That looseness of focus is the reason why my 5/08/20 post 46289812 suggested separating the NWH subforum threads into two groups, FA and TA, to minimise addled thinking.

Further on FA and TA, the HC readership falls into two groups, investors and traders, although these overlap, because an investor would want to pick the right time to buy or sell, an may also dabble in trading. A day-trader may not care at all about fundamentals, but if one traded with a longer time-frame, as I do sometimes, one can take more comfort if the TA and FA reasoning coincide.

On the viewpoint of “the market is telling us”, or “somebody knows something”, these beliefs are often ill founded, but one cannot always dismiss them. If one knew the trades of all the people close to insiders, one would make a fortune following their trades, because history would show more upside than downside. In this vein, some executive and director resignations, or their sales of shares, is always a worry. When Jules Pemberton sold shares some months ago when the SP was low, that could have engendered negative thought that, hopefully, the FY20 Interim Report expunges.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.