FM3 firstmac mortgage funding trust no. 4 series 1-2020

Not really because of that, there are many factors that...

1. 2,366 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1796
    Not really because of that, there are many factors that influence the fluctuations in trading volume and liquidity. Not always is it fundamentally related, in the short term, it's all sentiment and which sectors the funds decide to front run and which sector the retail crowd likes. ZIP is a good example, They rode the BNPL wave up mid last, fell out of favour and is now getting pumped again. There has been no material changes to what they do. I don't have any view or sentiment on that stock, just highlighting how the markets sometimes works. Obviously, the ones who'd stand to make the most gains at the ones that held on the basis they believed ZIP were valued more then what they were at the time.

You just need to look at the average daily value of trading over the past 6 months and you can see there has been a massive drop in liquidity across the whole sector. I don't see that changing unless there is some kind of big catalyst for the funds and speculative money to pump the sector. Could be a numbers of things and I'm not sure what it'd take. I guess no one ever knows .

Just use the futures markets as a gauge. It's only the big boys that can play in that sector. When the managed funds are long in the sector, typically, it'd then flow into the mining stocks.

I'm sure you've heard or seen Jim Cramer from CNBC. Watch this video of him explaining how he used to manipulate and front run sectors back when he was managing his hedge fund.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FM3 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.