MDR 0.00% 46.0¢ medadvisor limited

Ann: GlaxoSmithKline Extends Service Agreement with MedAdvisor-MDR.AX, page-8

1. 85,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    morning all,

I will reply to 18041970 on this thread because it is more relevant than in a charting thread.

Re. the news ann. - this is at bare minimum confirmation that the company thinks that it is worth running with for another year - it could also mean that they are excited about it --------- only time will tell.

"What MedAdvisor appears to do quite well, is simply medication management."

Actually - it does it more than quite well from what I see - it does it very well.

"Competition, especially in the "Consumer App" space is always something I am wary of with these...."

Competition in the app. space is a constant --------- but, apps. are no different to any other business - an app. is really only the front end ------------ 'everything' behind it has to work and work well and integrate well for an app. or a business to perform well ----------- which, makes the 'app. competition' thing - fairly minor in reality.

That the app. needs to be good - yes, is crucial - but, a perfect app. is not worth a cent - if pharmacies don't get behind it or people don't use it.

It is pretty clear that this app. has that happening - and, yes, there is 'some' resistance in some quarters - but, there always are resistant quarters in technological change. I worked for a while in a Govt' department where the 'boss' resisted going to email from snail mail ------------- can you believe such a dinosaur act? -- Of course - eventually - and rapidly - the dinosaur was swept away in the rush of the tide of progress.

So - if this thing continues - most will change to it --------- bar perhaps the very old - who aren't into technology.

The big possible resistors in this are the doctors etc. -- they are dinosaurs - still, many records on paper - still some are handwriting - and, still many 2 fingered typists among them.

But, - the tide will sweep them away very very rapidly as well - it won't be MDR that will do it by itself --- AI is coming like a train - robot surgery is here - and digital records are here - and, none will survive if they don't convert.
    The only questions for MDR are -- is the timing right? and can the company get the revenue they want from what areas they want - and, what other revenue areas will open up?

One thing in this world that works is money. It may well be the root of all evil - but, it is in fact the biggest driver of all (broadly) - if there is enough money to be made or enough money to be saved - AND it can be demonstrated - with little outlay or risk - then people will go for it ------------ even the medical profession.

Medication is a really really big deal in life ----------------- inappropriate medication is one of the biggest killers and injurers in our society - it is also one of the biggest costs - it is also one of the biggest areas of waste.

ANY company that can come in and hit this space with a money saving and/or making idea that runs - WILL do well - very well - it's that simple.

"Big risks, still not going to be profitable for a while yet (although the actual, existing revenue is a nice change from many others)  so its far from a sure thing.  I'm in for a punt, grabbed a few more today.. if this does  a RAP, I don't want to miss it but not under any illusions that its a sure-thing."

Agree with the above ----------- there are just not enough runs on the board yet - and, in my case, not enough known about the team and team dynamic yet to make a high conviction buy - but, at the stage it is at -- IMO - it's worth a reasonable punt - and, if it comes off - it will pay handsomely. If it doesn't - then, I think it will be a low risk - or at least low loss punt/investment.

We shall see.

have a great day all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MDR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.