SLX 2.03% $6.04 silex systems limited

Trl 6 enrichment testing is expected to commence after final...

1. 1,279 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    Trl 6 enrichment testing is expected to commence after final preparations in Q2 24 (any time now) according to Silex's announcement on nrc approval.
    If you look at Silex's website on the uranium tech page it indicates Trl6 may be finished around mid 24, although that page is pretty old.
    Info put out by Cameco and Silex's latest investor presentation now says the Trl6 demonstration and an indepedant assessment and report is expected to be completed in cy24. That is now a broader window, but not necessarily a slippage, as it could be anytime in the next 7 months.
    If I had to guess (and I'm only a mug punter who knows nothing) i would say that it is not unusual for engineers to build some fat into their project schedules, that way if they hit more problems than anticipated they can sort them and still collect their on time bonuses.
    I would also guess that this independent assessment would potentially form part of the valuation of Gle for Cameco to buy that 25%, as well as info for potential Doe funding. As such the testing schedule may include compiling broard detailed economic and performance data on leu, haleu and tails. Not just, does it work reliably on tails to leu?
    So sometime this year we should hear, or at least some reason why not.
    That said, It'll take as long as it takes and in some ways the less time pressure from investors the better for Gle staff, but I would be disappointed if we don't hear a "program is progressing well" comment by mid year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.04
Change
0.120(2.03%)
Mkt cap ! $1.430B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.92 $6.05 $5.84 $3.946M 661.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1000 $6.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.05 9903 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.97
  Change
0.120 ( 1.21 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.90 $6.05 $5.85 115311
Last updated 15.59pm 08/05/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.