GLL 11.8% 1.9¢ galilee energy limited

Ann: Glenaras Gas Pilot Operations Update, page-71

1. 1,539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1605
    I remember talking about this months ago saying to beware of the story.... looks like I was right.

This could literally be dewatering forever as they likely drain aquifers that connect to the coals away from the wellbore location.

It's amazing with the water rates they have produced from a closely spaced pilot that they still haven't been able to dewater. That middle well should have been producing gas a long time ago if there was no aquifer connectivity.

Anyway, it is a well documented risk in this basin and these coals so it's not like people didn't know beforehand if they did some research (and I posted here several times about it...)

Think about it... if they have already chosen a sweet spot for this very closely spaced and expensive pilot... and it still isn't producing gas after such huge quantities of water... what hope is there for an economic development across their acreage?? Even if this pilot centre well does start producing gas at a reasonable rate, it won't be economic to have the same closely spaced wells for a wider development. The pilot was just closely spaced wells to accelerate results... but it won't be economic in itself.

I encourage holders to research the challenges of this basin to educate yourselves about the technical risks associated.

Happy to have a technical debate if anyone disagrees (I'm a Reservoir Engineer with 10 years oil and gas experience, mostly in coal seam gas)
    Last edited by 7seven7: 18/09/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.002(11.8%)
Mkt cap ! $6.455M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.7¢ 1.9¢ 1.7¢ $4.837K 276.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 658000 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 102000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.50pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.