SLX 2.58% $5.97 silex systems limited

Yep Lh79, I mentioned on the haleu thread that i didn't think...

1. 1,278 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    Yep Lh79, I mentioned on the haleu thread that i didn't think Gle's interests aligned with starting with Haleu.
    So no suprise or disappointment in any way that they didn't apply. If they built a 2 mill swu Haleu plant first where would they getting the uf6 and leu for it? Better to start on a low cost tails plant and go straight onto a 6mill swu leu plant if the Doe wants it.
    I think investors in the nuclear space are mostly focused on the uranium spot price. Personally I think the bottle neck in the fuel supply will be in the uf6 conversion and enrichment to Leu space. When the uranium spot price tops out there is a lot of it stockpiled by entities like the sprott physical uranium trust that has no pysical use for it and has to find it a new home. Leu and term price uf6 is where it's at for Silex I think. You can't snap your fingers and get lots more of that stuff.
    Getting Leu and converted natural grade uf6 may be the bigger problem for the industry and as such where the potential profit for Gle lay in the medium term.
    What interested me in this announcement was not the content, but the timing. I reckon Silex knew for sure that Gle wasn't putting forward a haleu proposal for this present funding when the applications closed on the 8th of March and probably before that.
    Why delay announcing it untill the 25th?
    It's no secret that Silex is interested in the extra $100 mill in the Doe's current haleu funding, they have called for it to be released twice now. Also the $2.7billion for Leu ( which I predict they will apply for part of) is dependant on the Russian uranium ban bill passing the senate. It was briefly a chance of getting in over the weekend but was cut from the bill. Although It's passed the house and has overwhelming support in the senate, but needs to be voted on.
    Silex needs Nrc permission to load Uf6 in the test loop. They were going to apply around late Feb.
    Were Silex waiting for some good news to go with this current announcement? I think maybe so.
    It's only been a month since the last project update, but a lot is obviously going on around Gle, with a critical six to nine months coming up. I would hope that Silex is able to keep investors updated as much as possible without putting undue pressure on GLE staff. Here's hoping for a further update soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.97
Change
0.150(2.58%)
Mkt cap ! $1.390B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.89 $5.99 $5.69 $4.527M 770.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 $5.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.99 2938 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.96
  Change
0.150 ( 2.77 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.89 $6.00 $5.69 105219
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.