DCN 0.00% 28.5¢ dacian gold limited

Ann: GMD:Genesis Offer for Dacian to close & WILL NOT BE EXTENDED, page-12

1. 843 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 302
    Not quite, as I understand it.

They can't pay more than the offer for four months, without having to compensate all those who accepted the first TO.

They can launch another TO after 4 months, but the threshold for compulsory acquisition is 90%, as before but also 75% of remaining shares. So they would need Kin/Delphi's 10% plus another 5%. My guess is Kin Delphi would want something like 50 cents. They definitely won't want GMD or Hoover shares.

I am not sure if alternatively they could buy out Kin Delphi after 4 months without being required to make an offer for the other 10%. But supposing that happened, they would have to eventually make a TO offer the last 10% and they would have to get to 97.5% before compulsory acquisition. Your guess is as good as mine as what they would have to pay to get to there, but my guess is over $1.

It will be interesting to see how few shares this final bit of bluster shakes loose. My guess is the remaining DCN shares are pretty firmly grasped.

I bought DCN as a bet that GMD need to own DCN and will have to pay a lot more in the next round. I can wait .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.