POS 20.0% 0.4¢ poseidon nickel limited

That's a lock for you, Jul. For a bit of variety I'll stay with...

1. 4,995 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2243
    That's a lock for you, Jul. For a bit of variety I'll stay with my previous estimate of 0.4c with no oppies*. Yeah, I know... just mixing it up.
    Come July management can tap the market for a max. 557m new shares (i.e. 15% of current 3,713m SOI) without SH ratification. At 0.4c it raises ~$2.23m (gross) or, say ~2.12m (net) after allowing ~5% broker fees.
    (*I think the Board will do everything it possibly can to avoid needing to attach any inducement oppies in the next raising, so it can keep it's powder dry for what comes several months later -- discussed next.)

That would result in a revised SOI of ~4,270m(!) and provide around four-ish months of cash to splash... until needing another(!) top-up in Nov. That round, which would require SH approval to reset the new share issuance limits, neatly coincides with the AGM (i.e. no need to call an EGM). At that stage the question becomes whether the Board will opt to seek approval to continue with more of the same death of a thousand dilution cuts (and ever increasing SOI) at sub-1c over the next 12 months or elect to perform the radical surgery of a fundamental capital restructuring. I'm gonna stick with my estimate of the second option, primarily because of the squeeze resulting from continued discounted raisings and a SP that's simply too close to zero to be practical. I've previously written about the specifics of what shape that might take, which I won't repeat here, other than to say that it won't be pretty for current SHs. My guess is the Board will try to defer using the lever of sweetener oppies until that point.
    This is getting a bit ahead of myself, but thought I'd recap, for those who find themselves asking what comes after the next CR, given the limited cash (runway) it would raise with a SP that's sub-1c.

NB: A 0.3c raising in July, also maxed out at 15% of current SOI, would only raise $1.67m (gross) or ~$1.59m (net). That would only be enough for, say, 3 months, meaning the AGM would need to probably need to be brought forward to Oct. Naturally all of this only addresses the mechanics around what is possible. If there's no appetite by the market to keep funding, then the patient bleeds-out and and the curtains get drawn.
    Last edited by zebster: 06/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $14.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.6¢ 0.4¢ $154.4K 31.08M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
45 25237806 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 8947379 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
POS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.