DRE 6.25% 1.7¢ dreadnought resources ltd

Touche... good to see some factual pushback instead of personal...

1. 2ic
    5,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4972
    Touche... good to see some factual pushback instead of personal insults. Where did you find the reference to "All three of these historical occurrences were described together as ‘Popeye Prospectby Fritz Fitton in the supplementary report completed for Fox Resources in the early 2000’s." ? Well, if an old Fritz chose to discuss all three prospects under the single prospect name Popeye, who am I to argue...

Distrust but verify as I said. Fact is, DRE published their Outstanding Gold Opportunities Along >10km Mangaroon Shear Zone release with Au soils and prospect names clearly naming the Star of Mangaroon South mine as Popeye. Below, to scale and aligned vertically, the mine on DRE's release is not Popeye but The Star of Mangaroon South... so what readers are snickering, proof that 2ic is full of BS lol.

One of my knocks on DRE's Mangaroon gold project is that it's more base metals than gold mineralisation, probably refractory,. not withstanding there are some great rock chip samples with very high gold grades. The Star of Mangaroon South is described in Mindat (where most investors might fact check for themselves) as a "closed copper mine". In the Maroondah 100k GSWA explanatory notes it is described as " At Star of Mangaroon South, an east-southeast-striking quartz vein dips moderately to the north and contains malachite, pyrite, and chalcopyrite." under the Base Metals section.

Fact is, The Star of Mangaroon South is a specific prospect, in a specific location, with multiple references to being a copper mine. Popeye, the specific prospect, is described in Mindat as "An historic small gold mine." That's making sense now... better to associate a prospect with a 'gold mine' in a gold project, than associate it with a copper mine and remind the market that Mangaroon is all base metal hat, maybe little gold cattle.

It also makes sense to plot the Star of Mangaroon South Copper Mine even though DRE are calling it Popeye because the centre of the Au-soil anomaly sits over the Star of Mangaroon South Copper Mine... not the Popeye Gold Mine further north-east where the Au-soil anomaly barely exists. Let's face it, very few read the data or details, and a if picture tells a story better make it look good. My cynicism was already peaked by the absence of any base metal soils, data incredibly excluded from the soils results, and which may tell a very different story to the one being sold to the market....

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5722/5722429-7cc072f26fd820b58d4212612e53e261.jpg

So pardon my cycnism in seeing DRE labelling Star of Mangaroon South Copper Mine as Popeye the gold mine, I wasn't aware Fritz officially joined them all together for Fox Resources back in 2000... To everyone's great satisfaction, I stand corrected. Thank you sir.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
0.001(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $63.46M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.7¢ 1.6¢ $75.62K 4.607M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 4467016 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 2769880 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DRE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.