ALK 3.10% 62.5¢ alkane resources limited

I watched presentation again after seeing @Joelstar post on...

1. 2,327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 463
    I watched presentation again after seeing @Joelstar post on exiting, trying to be more critically minded.
    Also looked James up on Linked In. He is ex Keras Resources (Finance Director 2011-2017) and Calidus Resources (2017 2018), which I think means he knows Dave Reeves well. (DR came from Keras before taking over Calidus). Given Dave's performance at Calidus (over promise, under deliver, the future is always bright while you do credit raises), this places a slight question mark over him in my mind.
    It is clear that James Carter holds Ian Gandel and Ian Chalmers in high regard - they both get the prefix Mr in his presentation. Nic Earner on the other hand just gets his name. Ian Gandel said to be 18% holder - long time supportive.

He says at 14min 56 sec they are mining at 2.4g/t, and says you can make money at that rate, but need to be efficient.
    (As an aside, I have heard Nic explain why Alkane continues to over deliver against annual guidance. Explained as being because gold is nuggety, and drilling only captures a percentage of the nuggets - and guidance needs to be based on drilling, but the mining will capture gold that the drill bit missed).
    Then he discusses how they decide whether to develop a discovery - or trade it. Mentions that this is where the 22% board holding decides how can they make more money - then adds - on behalf of shareholders.

Is this a case of unintentional true speak - where 18% out of 22% management and board holding makes the decisions?
    At the 15min 23sec mark he says we do look at M&A - but then adds but looking at your own mine and regional opportunities - whatever that means.

Being critical, 100k oz hedged will limit the profitability upside for the next year or so, and the books are going to look worse before they look better again sometime next year.

It is always beneficial to see multiple people present a company story - put their style to one side, and analyze the content that they bring.
    The Alkane story remains a strong one, and it will have its day in the sun - but maybe Joelstar saw better short term returns elsewhere.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
62.5¢
Change
-0.020(3.10%)
Mkt cap ! $377.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
64.0¢ 64.0¢ 62.3¢ $627.4K 991.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 102048 62.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
63.0¢ 6612 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
63.0¢
  Change
-0.020 ( 2.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
64.0¢ 64.0¢ 62.5¢ 229740
Last updated 15.59pm 30/04/2024 ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.