ALK 3.10% 62.5¢ alkane resources limited

I am surprised at some of the views here, having been in and out...

1. 1,585 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 181
    I am surprised at some of the views here, having been in and out of Alk for a long time and holding a fair few. I have been buying more over the past few weeks, down to the sub .50's and even yesterday at .66.

The hedge was not bad at the time it was entered into. It enables certainty of funding. Many developers have hedges. Future supply led to streaming companies. The hedge looks stark because of the sudden gold price increase. Its effect is of decreasing relevance as production ramps up, to 70 then 100 oz p/a and beyond. I have no doubt Alk has been profitably selling a reasonably percentage of its gold near spot.

Its effect is also minor in terms of the overwheming gold and copper resources Alk is proving up. I doubt it will much concern a large stakeholder or institution. It will hardly hold Alk back from becoming a, in my view, multi-billion stock when it expoits Tomingley and Boda, with or without a JV in the case of Boda, fully.

It strikes me as odd that people are negative when Alk is in the best position it has ever been in and gold is the best position it has ever been in. If Alk was good 6 months ago, it is even better now.

All that has happened to those who sold yesteday and over preceding weeks is they made a loss, of between about 3 and 25%, compared to today's price, depending on when they sold. So be it. Buffett and Rule tell us often not to time the market, and to leave a stock time to realise its potential. Still, each to their own.

As for management, for those who have been in for a long time, its done outstandingly. I first bought in the 20 cent range, and since then they found Boda, extended Tommingley, and spun off ASM. Alk has been a multibagger and, extraordinarily, has room to be so from its current price.

People often watch the train go past, or get off at too early a stop, becoming unduly pessimistic about the destination.

GLTA.
    Last edited by james99: 17/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
62.5¢
Change
-0.020(3.10%)
Mkt cap ! $377.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
64.0¢ 64.0¢ 62.3¢ $627.4K 991.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 102048 62.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
63.0¢ 6612 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
63.0¢
  Change
-0.020 ( 2.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
64.0¢ 64.0¢ 62.5¢ 229740
Last updated 15.59pm 30/04/2024 ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.