ALK 2.30% 44.5¢ alkane resources limited

Thanks all for the informative posts. I agree - I think the...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 253
    Thanks all for the informative posts. I agree - I think the market has failed to price Alk correctly. The market does tend to overshoot one way or another as we all know, and it takes a while for a stock to be woken up from a slump.

In part that is becuase Alk is not so good at selling its story. Even the current presentation does not adequately deal with, as an example, hedged vs unhedged ounces and the percentage currently sold on spot, and the bottom line impact. Properly dealt with the hedging is annoying but less of a concern than at first blush it appears.

Benjamin Graham in The Intelligent Investor (an excellent read I might add) :

"The investor who permits himself to be stampeded or unduly worried by unjustified market declines in his holdings is perversely transforming his basic advantage into a basic disadvantage. That man would be better off if his stocks had no market quotation at all, for he would then be spared the mental anguish caused him by other persons’ mistakes of judgment.”

As it happens, I have been topping up over past weeks, right down to about .5 and even now in the mid-60's. The news flow is increasing good and as others have obvsered, substantial announcements are imminent, ie due this month and over the next few months.

The stock has sufficient fundamentals I do not want to be on the wrong side of a trading halt. I have been in that position before by trying to save a percent or two on the chance the price might decrease near term.

GLTA.
    Last edited by james99: 10/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.