CIM 0.00% $22.00 cimic group limited

Obviously, I'm still very green at the whole sharemarket and...

1. 200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    Obviously, I'm still very green at the whole sharemarket and legalese thing, but how can they claim that we've " - recognised revenue... $1.13B" and in the latest announcement that " - with no change to this position as at 30 September...".

I'm must be so obtuse, because I can only reason that we did in fact recover costs of at least $1.13B. This alludes to the fact that at the very least; we didn't start the job, buy all the resources/groundwork and only get $78m (minus costs) for our troubles. Otherwise, how can they legally leave a $1B gap in revenue on our income? Wouldn't it also be more advantageous for tax reasons to immediately correct this and remove any 'income' tax on goods purchased/sold etc. thereon paying less in general.

In summary perhaps, the court looked at it, saw CIM has recovered most of its costs, and 'awarded' $78m (for time wasted/legal fees etc?) and basically ruled out any more; calling time on the matter (as in the rest of the contract amount and further damages).

Please help correct me if I'm wrong; appreciate any expertise/clarification for this.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2577/2577701-d80ff32bdd94452759b237c2219865c9.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CIM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.