ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 617 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    The way I read it is that as at 30 September they still had a contract asset of $1.13bn booked, however now that this judgment has come they only get net $43m. They had raised a provision against the $1.13bn, but how much is not clear, it forms part of their total $675m provision. So the way I read it is in previous years accounts, they had recognised revenue of $1.13bn and raised a receivable (asset) of $1.13bn, which still stood there until 30 September. At some point they raised a provision against the $1.13bn, but not for the full amount, and we don't know how much the provision was, but less than $675m, so that would have been accounted for as a doubtful debts expense and provision (liability). Now that they know they will only get net $43m, they will need to reverse the asset and the provision, so $1.13bn reduction in contract asset, unknown reduction in provision, lets guess $330m (half of their total provision). So $1.07bn reduction in asset (being $1.13bn less $43m received), $330m (guess) reduction in liability, leaves a $740m hole (again guessing how much provision was raised against this contract asset) which would be accounted for as a loss or expense. I think this is fairly major, and shareholders deserve to get a clearer picture of exactly how much the loss is, like I said it could wipe out most of the equity on their balance sheet (pre Thiess sale). Not knowing anything about their banking covenants etc, but could this make their lenders a little nervous, they usually like to have some equity they can get hold of.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CIM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.