LLL 0.00% 50.5¢ leo lithium limited

Aren't you ignoring that LLL had very little chance of funding...

1. 652 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 199
    Aren't you ignoring that LLL had very little chance of funding their 50% share of the remaining capital cost from anywhere else other than Ganfeng? Have you seen the bloodbath that is the Australian lithium sector? Now imagine that we needed to come up with say US$100m - what discount for that CR?? How much dilution would that entail for our shares? Remember in May before the Ganfeng placement at 81c was announced at a 7% premium to our VWAP? Getting that financial monkey off our back saw us hit $1.22 in July.

In my mind, there simply was no other viable/palatable source of funds than our existing partner, Ganfeng. LLL would have been 'dead man walking' with the CR overhang and all the shorts piling on... Surely you remember the good old days of Euroz CR's?

However, the LLL Board was also faced with the ongoing and increasing stench of FFX which has clearly tainted our dealings with the Mali Govt. [I don't see any other mining operators in Mali having similar 'issues'... coincidence? I think not.] The alarm bells would have been ringing at Ganfeng - who want to avoid delays at any cost given their large investment in processing capacity for the Goulamina ore

Now that the project is 'controlled' by Ganfeng rather than 'the (related?) Australian company', the Government will have to upset the Chinese (who are major players in their country). With Ganfeng's willing co-operation, we have become a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I don't expect Simon or Rick to broadcast this possible explanation - as that would be counter-productive at this time... Let the dust settle and move Ganfeng into the frontline when dealing with the Government.

I have no ego here, LLL is a financial investment. Let's all make money here!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LLL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.