CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

3 important points for me:(1) it's 'our' money this govt is...

1. 1,912 Posts.
    3 important points for me:
    (1) it's 'our' money this govt is dishing out
    (2) money is currently very hard to come by
    (3) if climate change is the problem the consensus of scientists say it is, we need to pull out all stops to address it.

Putting all three together makes this a really important issue for me and like others here I've been waiting and waiting (and waiting) to see what this govt. is finally going to do. And now this!

Firstly, I wanted to see some money supporting geoT. But $150m has been handed out to GDY and PTR. Have these companies really demonstrated they deserve these funds when other IMO more promising geoT's could do with a hand? GDY already has funds - its problems have been elsewhere. If the REDP was framed in such a way that not all geoT's could apply for this funding (re pilot plants, funding matching, proving novel technology and any other bureaucratic hoops), it doesn't mean these two should have automatically qualified (and I'm not even sure they really do). There was nothing to stop the govt. saying there are no successful applicants (particularly in light of the problems and latest delays besetting GDY), and the limited and therefore precious funds are going to be made available to the wider geoT industry in another form. IMO that's what should have happened, although it would obviously need to be seriously fast-tracked.

Secondly, I wanted to see some money supporting wave technology. As opposed to the geoT situation above, it seemed to me that CWE thoroughly deserved to get this funding. How overseas technology gets preference appears unjustifiable IMO. I believe rudd can expect some heat about this and even more if the technology is not up to CWE's.

I have previously been a shareholder in GDY and PTR and I have chosen to reinvest my funds in other geoT companies after putting in some fairly thorough research. Checking the forums reveals I'm far from alone in my sentiment. Similarly, I have primarily chosen to invest in CWE based on the same criteria. I don't believe my post is just about sour grapes because my chosen companies missed out. The point is I have done the diligence and carefully decided where I want to put my money. Has the govt?

You have to wonder sometimes. Critics of government grants often point to the fact that public servants don't get it right.

In the meantime I still believe I have made the right choices in picking which companies will ultimately succeed - despite this handout of our funds. I will be holding CWE.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.