FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

Ann: Government of Mali - Update, page-295

1. 3,810 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2607
    Time will tell but I am quite convinced that this alteration to the JV relationship will prove detrimental to our longer term $$ interests - like just about every other corporate manoeuvre in this whole sorry saga. I think it reduces the contest of ideas over operational & strategic matters and changes what the “status quo” position could be (which, like proxy whisperers, the Mali Govt would be inclined to go along with) should such a situational vote arise in the future.

I simply don’t buy the line being pushed elsewhere that the extra 5% divorces Goulamina from the FFX shambles or somehow now makes the asset a “Chinese” protected species now in the eyes of the Mali Govt. I don’t think Ganfeng needed this to materially increase its weight of influence in Africa either - they do not even breathe the same low-level air that our Perth executives do when it comes to pre-existing political clout. I think Ganfeng ultimately wanted this altered relationship for the purpose of control, and we might get to see just how that plays out for us sooner than previously thought.

On this note too, it is somewhat odd to see some posters (not you, @fooca) who were just a couple of weeks ago vociferously downplaying the idea of Ganfeng influence on the Mali Govt being real or significant or necessary for this project, who have now done a complete 180 turn since yesterday to argue that the new arrangement was needed and in fact helps the JV due to said weight of GF’s influence on Mali. Contradictory much?!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.