MDI 5.88% 1.6¢ middle island resources limited

Took a position in this "high risk", "under cover" exploration...

1. 369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Took a position in this "high risk", "under cover" exploration portfolio after doing a bit of research. My thoughts are:

#I am a SER holder who was also interested in the transaction of these tenements last year for shares. Most of SER's approach is looking for the next big deposits in this ever diminishing world of mineral prospectivity. I assume the disposal was due to SER's large list of managing various exploration targets & the cost to maintain these if limited work is being carried out.

# MDI have been very prudent in the way they have managed their capital (inc cash/AUN) until the prospect drilling takes place. Getting the maximum funding is also a plus due to their interpretation of these targets. The addition of Bartsch's experience/skill set appears to have also been a big positive.

# The engagement of Southern Geoscience Consultants was a highlight for me - leaders in their profession modelling targets is sound in my eye's. You just have to look at the recent success of Bravo's Luanga prospect in Brazil. Southern Geoscience helped locate a very encouraging IOCG deposit. "Drilling of HeliTEM Target T5 in a previously unexplored area has intersected 11.48m at 14.3% Cu, 3.3g/t Au, including 2.9m at 22.9% Cu, 3.6g/t Au. Drilling of HeliTEM Targets T6 and T16 has also intersected sulphide mineralisation". Market cap doubled after this drill hole. Not to say this is likely but we have the opportunity with multiple choices to spread the risk & increase our chances of possible success.

# Will be interesting to see the results of ICG's recent drill holes in this region. Samples were sent away for analysis as a high priority - which also incurs the related expense to expedite these findings (can receive a lot of negative feedback form shareholders if results are unsuccessful). The whole area has slowly been gaining traction after the East Tennant Drilling Initiative was carried out several or so year's ago. Challenging when sedimentary rocks cover most of the prospects.

It's definitely a very tough market ATM especially for junior explorers with lack of funding & investor sentiment is definitely at a low point. I am happy with the the methodical approach which has been undertaken by the company over the past year. I look forward to what hopefully is a successful drill program in the not-too-distant future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MDI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
-0.001(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $3.493M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.7¢ 1.7¢ 1.6¢ $3.477K 211.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 414000 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.8¢ 60000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.01pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MDI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.