GNC 0.34% $8.81 graincorp limited

All good, I am all too familiar with it ain't in the bag until...

1. 992 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    All good, I am all too familiar with it ain't in the bag until it's in the bag but be assured stripe rust is managed these days, see below.... also mice plagues are generally after the harvest with an abundance of feed for them.

https://agriculture.vic.gov.au/biosecurity/plant-diseases/grain-pulses-and-cereal-diseases/stripe-rust-of-wheat#h2-4

Stripe rust management

Stripe rust can cause significant loss to grain yield and quality, given appropriate environmental conditions and susceptible varieties. However, farmers have shown that by planning to manage this disease they can effectively minimise its impact.

The most appropriate stripe rust management strategy will vary from one farm to another, from region to region, and from season to season.

There has been much discussion regarding the merits of various approaches to stripe rust management, such as variety seed choice or fertiliser fungicide treatment up-front, versus reliance on fungicide sprays alone.

Whichever strategy is used, provided it is implemented in a timely fashion, it will be effective. It is important that growers choose a strategy that is appropriate for their situation and follow it during the growing season.

The following management strategies are recommended to minimise the impact of stripe rust:

• Remove volunteer wheat plants (the 'green bridge') that will support stripe rust inoculum in the 6 weeks prior to sowing.
    • Avoid growing Susceptible (S) and Very Susceptible (VS) varieties by selecting more resistant varieties.
    • Use a seed or fertiliser treatment to suppress early infection.
    • Monitor crops during the growing season and apply a foliar fungicide early in the epidemic, if required.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.81
Change
0.030(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $1.976B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.82 $8.87 $8.74 $5.655M 643.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2308 $8.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.81 5799 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GNC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.