Given that the Company has been unable to obtain the necessary...

1. 596 Posts.
    Given that the Company has been unable to obtain the necessary $5 million after all this time are they really going to be able to find it next year? They must have been able to argue that it is a possibility to get the extension but I'll be pleasantly surprised if miracles happen!

Furthermore the grant body ARENA is under pressure from the Coalition, I quote:-

" The Tony Abbott government has confirmed that it will slash funding from the Australian Renewable Energy Agency, completing a clean sweep of climate change and clean energy institutions and initiatives removed or significantly downgraded by the new conservative government.

... the government said it will cut funding to the $3 billion agency by $435 million. A bill to defer a further $370 million to nearly a decade hence, previously flagged by the Labor government, is also enacted in proposed new legislation.

ARENA says the funding cuts will not impact the current or next year’s programs, or projects already signed, but will likely impact on future years".

http://reneweconomy.com.au/2013/funding-cuts-to-arena-confirmed-435m-gone-32670

So, if by some miracle the $5 million is obtained will ARENA still be around to fund Paralana. Given the dire budget predictions of Joe Hockey ARENA looks like a likely candidate for yet more cuts!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.50
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.422B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.51 $1.52 $1.49 $6.922M 4.618M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 390051 $1.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.51 165061 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.