DEG 1.66% $1.23 de grey mining limited

I happen to track an Australian silver miner (but do not...

1. 637 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    I happen to track an Australian silver miner (but do not own)which has been struggling to get a mine permitted for at least 18 months .
    The process to get permits these days in many locations worldwide is getting more difficult ,complicated ,expensive and time consuming .
    Quite obvious timelines are slipping on the commission date of the mine .Financing will not be so easy as a couple of years ago due to doubling of interest rates .
    Deg is getting cheaper in the currency of mine takeovers (the US dollar) due to the extreme weakness in the Australian dollar which is trading between 63 and 64 cents US.
    Currently trading for about 1.1 to 1.2 billion US which is likely about a 30% overvaluation based on what their reserves would probably fetch on the international marketplace ,less than it was.
    Very few companies worldwide could afford DEG and most are busy with other projects .Other gold explorer companies with assets the same size are currently trading at huge discounts to net asset value and some are extremely attractive takeover targets,gold in the ground can be bought for 5-10 dollars an ounce.
    Nevada has about 80 years worth of worldwide lithium reserves .Exploring for new Lithium reserves is a waste of time as the boom will shortly be over ,typical boom and bust commodity cycle.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.020(1.66%)
Mkt cap ! $2.935B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.23 $1.24 $1.21 $8.926M 7.267M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 334167 $1.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.23 25000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.