GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

Ann: Greatcell Solar - Appointment of Administrators, page-24

1. 790 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    Never used it personally, but was in a team that handled such transactions for clients. Few things to note: First, you pay them $150 to sell your shares for $0, ie. you get no cash. You'll receive a letter/email stating that you've entered a contract to transfer the shares to them for nil consideration once the registry lets them be transferred off market, which as they're currently listed but suspended you likely cannot right now. This is good enough for the ATO to let you declare the total loss, including the fees, in this financial year's tax return. The alternative is you have to wait for the administrators/liquidators to declare that the fully paid shares are worthless. This can take years, hence the reason why some will pay to have their shares sold at nil. You have no recourse to unwind the contract so in the highly unlikely event they relist, are taken over or end up providing a liquidation payment, Delisted will own the shares/receive the payment, not you.

2nd, Delisted only operate for certain windows throughout the year. I note the website says they're taking applications now, I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find the times during the year when they operate. 3rd, they won't do a deal for just any shares so you'll need to enquire as to when they'll start to accept GSL. I'd be very surprised if the option isn't available by the EOFY but likely not as of today.

It's a hell of a business model they've got going, and I have seen them make a decent windfall on "worthless" shares relisting. Wish I had of thought of it first.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.