ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 148 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    I like your analysis and agree with pretty much everything there. My only comment would be around the revenue multiple assumptions which appear arbitrary in nature.

The way I would look at the revenue multiple would be to determine a revenue multiple based on the Life Time Value of the customer. The equation would go something like this:

Life Time Value = ARR / (1 - churn rate) * Gross margin

DSE disclose all this info and I would guess it goes something like this:

LTV = $6.65m / (1 - 14%) * 63% = ~$30m if we then divide by the ARR, this would give us a revenue multiple of 4.5x

The biggest question mark I have is around the churn rate, whilst it's disclosed at ~3%, this relates to the Partner whereas I think this is too low as it implies the customer would use DSE for >30 years which seems a bit long. In comparison, the annual churn rate of say Xero is ~14% which equates to a customer sticking around for ~7 years and seems more reasonable given both customer bases are SMEs. We could however use somewhere between 7yrs and 10yrs and this would result in a revenue multiple range of 4.5x to 6.3x or 5.4x at the mid point.

I would say the current business is therefore worth btw $0.054 and $0.065 however this doesn't take into account the growth in the business. To highlight this, Xero currently trades at twice the LTV however I would prefer not to pay for that in order to be conservative.

Having said this, given the business appears to be growing its ARR at ~5% per month, I'm happy to assume the value of ~$0.06 and to see the business growth/valuation grow MoM by 5%.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DSE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.40
Change
-0.010(0.29%)
Mkt cap ! $238.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.39 $3.41 $3.35 $57.62K 16.93K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 152 $3.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.40 108550 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DSE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.