HCL 3.33% 14.5¢ highcom limited

Given the lack of communications from the company, I will...

1. 2,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1925
    Given the lack of communications from the company, I will highlight some of what Mark said 2 weeks ago in the video.

* Xclave expected to be up and running in August.
    * Market has been flooded by cheaper armour and helmets and consequently new requirements have been set in USA. Highcomms expects to be the first to be qualified in September.
    * Walked away from some low margin tech business with the ADF.
    * Pipeline was $600m 18months ago and is now $300m. Included $300m sales to India, which they removed as being unrealistic. Current pipeline has orders from $180k to $25m and are seen to be very realistic. Building the current $2m monthly sales towards a goal of $6m to $10m per month.
    * Drone repairs and spare parts remain an attractive margin business with ADF.
    * They have exited a few technology parts of the company, but are looking at others that are "easier to work with"
    * Now seeing $6m in cost savings from the move from Adeliade to Columbia.
    * 6 weeks ago Mark launched a $103m fund called periscope to invest in defense companies.
    * The body armour is not only 30% lighter than the competition, stronger protection from ballistics and also does not retain body heat.
    * Youtube has several videos of random people smashing the body armour with little to no damage.
    * Ukraine fighters who had been killed had their armour recycled.
    * USA playing with the idea of school backpacks in Blue and pink for kids to hide behind in the event of a school shooting.
    * FBI used highcomms shields in the latest school shooting.

Here are a few interesting comments from Mark:
    " one sale order away from being great"
    " company has turned the corner"
    " will step down in Feb 25 if shareholder value has not improved materially"

Overall, imho, Mark deflects a lot of the responsibility of the the poor share price performance to
    1. Previous management prior to him joining
    2. US government/congress holding up on paying a $25m order.
    3. Polish regulations.
    4. ADF incompetency--- as his class mate who now runs the purchasing division would not buy the worlds best helmet!

Overall, I was disappointed after listening to the video. I will continue to hold my stock at these level, but there is an arrogance of this chairman that leaves me feeling uneasy. Sentiment changed to hold. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HCL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $14.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.5¢ $2.498K 16.92K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 34474 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 41431 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HCL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.