VLW 0.00% $2.04 villa world limited.

Yes it is tempting in a SMSF - 18.5c ff dividends on a BUY price...

1. 4,275 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 359
    Yes it is tempting in a SMSF - 18.5c ff dividends on a BUY price of $2.17 is an effective 12.18%. Even with the magic of compound interest it will take you 9+ years to get your humble bank deposit book to generate that.

Presuming VLW does $40m NPAT in FY19 after the dividend payment of $23m, the NTA at June 30, 2019 will be $2.55.

Effectively Morgans has lopped $58m off the presumed value of VLW because a government department in Victoria is taking longer to rubber stamp a set of documents - and valuing the company at less than its NTA! And FY18 results will be $2m higher than previously thought because they are dragging forward a sale which was slotted for FY19.

MY DCF calcs suggest that even at a very modest 2% growth over the next 10 years - to match CPI - and a discount rate of 12% applied to eps of just 28c values the company at $2.48 (the same as Morgans).

But reality is that eps for FY18 will be 33.8c and 31.5c for FY19.

No, I think Morgans are way too harsh in their valuation assumptions.

With an assumed NTA of $2.55 at June 30, 2019, VLW can weather a wobble in RE prices. Besides by 30/6/2019 they will have retired quite some debt with property settlements and then have a decent war chest to pick up raw land at depressed prices. And so the cycle continues.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VLW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.