FAR 0.00% 50.5¢ far limited

If Norman had simply not entered arbitration against Woodside -...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 123 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 282
    If Norman had simply not entered arbitration against Woodside - an action that was utterly pointless as FAR had no $$ to even attempt to buy Conoco's stake even if they had won - then they would have had project financing sewn up long before the COVID crash and hence would not have become forced sellers. that mistake alone - borne entirely from Norman's poor management - is grounds for firing.

as regards the company today - am surprised by the lack of discussion on Guinea Bissau exit. this is basically a wind-down happening in real time. GB exit without any extra cost is a substantial positive, in my view.

the chances of earning $1 minimum in <12mos here - given zero actual operations to wind down, and just one exploration asset left to exit in some form - seem very strong to me, even absent favorite capital allocation (which remains a priority for me). frankly i think this has a strong likelihood to earn a 50% gross return, minimum, and a 60-70% IRR (through cap allocation or <12mo holding period), with minimal risk of capital impairment, and view this as the strongest trade in my book.

in an uncertain market i am surprised this is still a mid-60s stock. my position is up to 1.6% of the company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $46.66M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.5¢ 50.5¢ 50.0¢ $69.83K 139.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 42971 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 49251 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.