GMC 0.00% 0.6¢ gulf manganese corporation limited

Ann: Gulf Capital Raising Update, page-19

1. 12,157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1774
    I wish you blokes luck, but it seems that nobody is listening as to why a manganese smelter in Indonesia makes no sense.
    Cost of power is the most important consideration.
    Look at Transalloys who sold the 2 x furnaces to GMC. Why did they sell? Why is the manganese alloy business in South Africa nearly stuffed completely?
    THE COST OF POWER
    350% increase in a decade: how expensive is electricity in South Africa compared to other countries?

29Sep
    by Sean Moolman  
    Electricity prices in South Africa have dramatically outpaced inflation over the past decade (ever since the 2008 electricity supply shortage crisis). Recently, Eskom has won a court case allowing it to recover historical ‘losses’ or under-recoveries (the so-called regulatory clearing account or RCA).
    After a brief respite in 2017 (when an increase of only 2.2% was granted by NERSA, the National Energy Regulator of South Africa), Eskom has submitted an application to NERSA for a 19.9% electricity tariff increase in 2018, and might still add additional RCA applications.

South Africa power costs.jpg This research document shows that Power/electricity costs in South Africa are a serious problem.
    The cost of power/electricity in Indonesia is even more expensive.

In China the cost of power is US$0.06c/KWh to US$0.07c/KWh and even this is a problem as noted in an Asian Metal interview.

• As for disadvantages, the electricity cost is much higher, which is RMB0.5/kwh (USD0.07/kwh) in South China and RMB0.4/kwh (USD0.06/kwh) in North China. The electricity cost is higher by RMB400/t (USD58.12/t) by rough estimation.

Did you know that Transalloys started making ferro manganese in South Africa in 1964, with 2 x 15MVA submerged arc furnaces and were upgraded in the 1970's to 21MVA, are these the furnaces that GMC is buying?
    Some old crap 60 year old.
    I cannot find any GMC ASX announcement to tell you the age of the smelters.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.