CCU 0.00% 5.8¢ cobar consolidated resources limited

Ann: Gundaroo gravity anomalies , page-6

1. 2,388 Posts.
    Hi Bumbling,

You got me curious so I did some sleuthing.

For background information check out the initial company announcements from 2006 and 2007 for Gundaroo drill program (which incorporates Ridge and De Nardi)

High_grade_silver_intercepts_at_Gundaroo_prospect

Further_Silver_Intercepts_at_Gundaroo_Prospect

Then this investor presentation:
    June_Investor_Presentation

It's interesting to note that De Nardi, the only resource proven up in this area, is not associated with either the moderate or high density gravity anomalies, it sits between two of these bodies. De Nardi has high grade silver but no zinc or copper.

Back now to the Ridge prospect, it's hard to tell which drill holes intercepted the High or Moderate density gravity anomalies. I think dependent on the angle of the drill hole most missed those bodies completely. I think what the company is basically saying is that the only hole that did enter the gravity anomaly returned exceptional grades of zinc as well as high grade silver.

Look at the June investor presentation page 6.

CCR30 returned two 1m intervals of 14-15% zinc. Directly above these zinc intercepts were two 1m intervals of 400g/t silver. This interception occurred at 228m as indicated in the diagram in the latest announcement.

So basically (and I'm no expert and prone to being completely wrong) the gravity anomalies are likely indicative of high grade zinc, silver, lower grade lead and copper or a mixture of the four. If so this could be something hugely substantial. We need some deep drills deep into the centre of one of the high gravity areas to really know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.