MSB 8.43% $1.35 mesoblast limited

From Mesoblast's announcement: "Under its agreement with JCR,...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,254 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1404
    From Mesoblast's announcement: "Under its agreement with JCR, Mesoblast is entitled to receive royalties and other payments at predefined thresholds of cumulative net sales."

Don't know where BP get their 25% royalty stream from that statement.  It's a bit ambiguous.  On one reading, royalties (and other payments) vary according to achievement of sales thresholds.  

But we can also interpret it to mean that: a) MSB will receive royalties, with no % revealed by MSB but somehow BP is informed that the rate will be 25% AND  b) MSB will receive other payments depending on level of sales, in addition to the royalties.  i.e. the royalties are a flat rate across all levels of sales and there are additional bonus payments depending on sales volumes.

By my interpretation, and preference, the announcement should have been: "Under its agreement with JCR, Mesoblast is entitled to receive royalties. There will be additional payments at predefined thresholds of cumulative net sales."   I hope that's what they meant to say.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.