SBM 1.96% 26.0¢ st barbara limited

Am long, and got slaughtered today. Very depressing. With the...

1. 7,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Am long, and got slaughtered today. Very depressing. With the benefit of hindsight the massive Bearish Engulfing Bar of week 18 Feb should have been a signal, not to mention a double top, with the upper shadow of that candle rejecting the prior high (week of July 28) of $5.28. See chart below.

And if I was permitted to short (which I'm not permitted to do with CommSec), what about it?
    People DO have to understand that shorting is a legitimate practice, and stop blaming them, stop blaming anyone (unless there is obvious evidence of corporate malfeasance).

Blaming others for financial loss is not a useful practice, but is endemic to many HC users, day after day, week after week, year after. I've seen it since 2015.
    Which is one reason I left the site a couple of years ago.

Oversold?
    At this point technical analysis is useless, except for one thing - you have to respect a massive red bar like the one of this week (which is almost complete, the week, that is). This is not a "flesh wound", from which there will be an immediate "V-shaped" recovery.
    This fall is based on fundamentals, business practices which have failed (if anyone bothered to read the Announcement).

As I said before, there may be a DCB on Monday, or later in the week, or there may not. If so, depending on where folks got in, it's a chance to get out with reduced paper losses.

Anyone who is badly underwater - as I am - has to understand they are now in defensive mode.
    It's no longer a matter of how much you can make, but can you loses less. The pain will still be great, but perhaps less than it is at the time of writing.
    SBM - WEEKLY SBM.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.0¢
Change
0.005(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $212.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.5¢ 27.0¢ 25.5¢ $1.276M 4.863M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 504936 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.0¢ 186006 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
25.8¢
  Change
0.005 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
26.5¢ 26.5¢ 25.5¢ 2707697
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
SBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.