SBM 2.33% 21.0¢ st barbara limited

Ann: Gwalia Mass Extraction Feasibility Study, Guidance & webcast, page-93

1. 6,184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2916
    Very unfortunate that, I have a deep respect for the real shorters out there. When I say real shorters I mean the ones of the Marc Cohodes caliber. It is a very hard side of the market to be in... I was one in the past and I'm pleased to say it is not my style anymore. Shorted BNB a decade ago and lost the position because I couldn't buy back the shares due to a veeeeery long trading halt... which in effect is still in effect at the moment... pun intended.

If you hold a large enough portfolio with Commsec you are allowed to short on a "pro forma" basis and on a hefty minimum position. Wink wink...

Cheer up mate. I don't think SBM is a dud. If you've held positions for more than a decade like I have, crashes like this are just a blip on the chart and SBM is one of those companies that I'm willing to hold for decades... The macro environment in the past, SBM having never presented a deep discount and my capital flight towards NST & EVN in the past have prevented me from owning SBM. Shes always looked good to me in the past it's just that the other two was always a little bit better. Now that those two are overvalued and SBM presenting a nice enough valuation (although born out of some production drama)... I welcome her in my portfolio today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.