ZIP 10.3% $1.45 zip co limited..

I have used quotation marks below to copy and paste what I...

1. 7,701 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 983
    I have used quotation marks below to copy and paste what I said............ the rhetoric was simply used to flesh out my argument, not at all intended to quote or refer to anything you said. Again, I was referring to the prospect of only a meek or minimal reward despite 'if present' perfect trading conditions, not mega profits as would be demanded (IMO) by the risk, nor any asset accumulation (again IMO), only the opportunity to keep the doors open for a while longer. Which presents the antithesis to an investment thesis for me. Maybe for trade, but as mentioned many times, the risks are over the top, particularly due to the wild irrationality and muted swings.

You may use parentheses to insert a word or phrase as an afterthought if you wish, but please don't use them to quote me. Here are my quoted remarks, which I have cut and pasted (but were mine alone lol):

"I don't share your enthusiasm, because my first question is why? What is the reward if the risk is removed by perfect trading conditions? I cannot see mega profits, nor any assets? It is to all intents and purposes a single product, nothwithstanding the regulated larger balance lending it does which only competes with a large field of card providers who operate under the same rules but with the benefit of big data resources. So what is the attraction given all the downside?"

We agree that BNPL businesses are having trouble, which in turn makes me wonder about their future, so perhaps we are in agreement. Having said that, I do agree that there is plenty of life left in ZIP yet, IMO there will be no watershed moment in the near future. If somebody thinks it will go broke tomorrow they would need compelling reasons to convince me.

I think Larry Diamond does have very good leadership skills. He walks the halls of
    power in NY, among business and political leaders, he has assembled a very good team of leaders around him, he most likely has some svengali qualities, he has loyal and engaged staff, no doubt due to his employment policies and pay rates, but I'm afraid I don't share his enthusiasm for his business model. He needed to pivot a long time ago - I expect for him, ZIP BNPL was a stepping stone to the crypto/techno disruption he had planned at the outset, which frankly would have been exciting and had lots of merit. Unfortunately he got stuck in the mud and he's caught in a trap from which he cannot escape. IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.45
Change
0.135(10.3%)
Mkt cap ! $1.633B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.33 $1.46 $1.30 $29.57M 21.35M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11630 $1.45

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.46 92904 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.45
  Change
0.135 ( 9.52 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.32 $1.46 $1.30 6943845
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.