RNE 16.7% 0.5¢ renu energy limited

Sierra,I agree SolarThermal is more cost effective as its size...

1. 330 Posts.
    Sierra,

I agree SolarThermal is more cost effective as its size increases, but I am still unaware of any plants (worldwide) at less than $5m per MW, which is a significant capex. Plus the capex to bring the power to market.

Opex is not zero, and can get up to $5-8 per MWh depending on the boiler config /mtce, fluid treatment / reflector mtce costs.

In contrast, the the ugly gorilla in the corner (Supercrit coal) is about $1.5m per MW, simple construction technology (the Chinese are building 1 a month at the moment)and opex is $10-12 per MW, if using local run of mine coal at around $20AUD FIS (NSW & Qld stations, for ex) fuel is costing $15-18.

A MW is worth about $45 in Aus, about 55-80 elsewhere. The solar thermal problem is fitting Depn and Interest on the Capex into the received $ per MW, even with REC's/VEECs/NGACs etc

Esp since Transmission is a higher component of cost than for gas or coal thermal as it is so much farther from the load. Could take another $10-20 per MW out.

Hard. :(

GDY has high-ish capex (note the use of high tech terms here) and a significant transmission problem, but the capex is not as high as ST (or SP for that matter)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
-0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $3.630M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $7.828K 1.565M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 16462 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 4849441 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.02pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.