JYC 1.74% $4.09 joyce corporation ltd

"Well not a bad crystal ball you were looking through by the...

1. 16,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8386
    "Well not a bad crystal ball you were looking through by the looks of todays sale of 10% of LLoyds ."

Not really: I just offered up a shotgun of things that could happen in regards to Lloyds.
    But all I knew was that something had to happen, because the status quo - of Lloyds causing being such a big cancer on group earnings - was unsustainable.

In effect, JYC is receiving cash along with improved profits.

It's not often that those sorts of elements go hand-in-hand.

"Do you by chance know what JYC paid for LLoyds and Maquarie ? "

Not sure.
    But from memory, the carrying value of Lloyds in the JYC accounts is around $8.5m (but that's on a fully consolidated basis, JYC's 56% equiry share of that would be ~$5m).

So, based on the $1.45m consideration for 10% on Lloyds, that values it at $14.5m, which is a pretty decent premium to the current carrying value.

Meaning that, even of the remaining 46% of Lloyds gets sold at anything close to the value implied by the related party deal for 10% of the auction business, JYC will book a profit on the sale (on which it will have to pay tax, obviously), but even after paying the tax it will leave the company virtually debt-free.

And the profit uplift will leave the company valued at around 11x to 12x P/E, even after this morning's share price response to the announcement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.