AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Ann: Half Year Accounts, page-9

1. 259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    I agree - like previous announcements and reports there's lots of 'marketing speak' which talks up the possibilities of the technology in terms of demand - and its disappointing when it comes to providing concrete details about how the tech is actually performing. I also think the language they use and the content of the report smells bad - it feels tricky and misleading.

The report repeats the key facts contained in the last integration update: "Exhaustive testing and analysis conducted on wafers produced during the earlier stages of fourth phase of the development program exposed an important need to further refine the electro-mechanical 'points of contact' that among other purposes serves to suppress contact effects that could play a critical role in the sound quality and reliability of the device."

"A critical role in the sound quality and reliability of the device" - meaning absolutely essential if the device is ever going to work properly. That "could play a critical role". Why "could?" Don't they know? So what are the chances? Are there any indications?

I think what is actually happening is the tech is not reliable and sound quality is inadequate, probably because the wafers are not working properly, but not necessarily so - it could be something else yet to be identified.

I'm reducing my exposure to this stock because when it comes to achieving tech development milestones, AKP moves at glacial speed - which will just see share prices move in one direction. And to be blunt, I don't trust AKP any longer.
    Last edited by markpw: 30/08/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.