CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

Ann: Half Year Accounts, page-164

1. 3,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 659
    For me, the half yearly showed that the Hemp business alone isn't scalable in Australia to profitability, and their biggest isue may be that overseas companies are so far ahead of them in terms of reliable supply, product range, cost optimisation etc that expansion outside Australia is not a viable option either. As I said, Hemp products are widely varied here in Canada (for that matter 'weed' products are too, but doubt Australia is heading for recreational legalisation anytime soon lol).

OK you almost looked like you were going to answer my question but alas no. This is what you are telling me so looks more like opinion without the relevant facts like these which state demand is growing so yes the overseas companies are ahead for now but for how long? We also have one of the best growing climates for the plant in the world as well as some of the best growing practices so I think you are really underwhelming our chances here not to mention demand for local product. I think you are also forgetting the early entry into hemp food retail side might actually reap benefits & the fact it might be widely varied in Canada but still growing massively around the world.

https://mjbizmagazine.com/4-nations-to-watch-in-the-hemp-market

Australia legalized the sale of food-grade hemp seed and oil last November, and Australian growers are unlikely to be able to fulfill 2018 demand for trendy hemp ingredients. That means foreign seed producers have an opening to supply food-grade hemp products for the nation of 24 million people.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-26/demand-for-australian-grown-hemp-on-the-rise/10645988
    Since then domestic demand has grown for locally grown hemp seeds

Industrial hemp is an exceptionally renewable resource. The crop once harvested generates a high yield of edible proteins and fibers, with over 50,000 product applications. The need for industrial hemp products is increasing significantly on a daily basis, due to the rising health awareness among global consumers. The increasing global demand for hemp-based food items is expected to drive the global industrial hemp market over the forecast time period.

I haven't read enough into Biohealth, but someone in this thread mentioned that the founder of Biohealth stated they have not built their facility yet? Is that true?

As previous if you are looking for your answers here I'm not to sure about your research strategy!

I know Medcan was meant to have a huge facility upgrade under the purchase agreement, but the new one says Medcan will be doing this as an activity for CGB, which I am not sure if that's started yet?

As far as I know CGB have full access to the Medcan suite of licenses to leverage as needed so I would wait for some more good news here. I can't remember if that was through a conversation with management or in previous documentation (might have been the Chairpersons address) so start there if you want to take the time to research.

This half yearly had lots of nice pictures upfront, and not much progress in the back. If I were an investor, that would worry me as it's similar to the pattern these guys had with bauxite years ago. They were in an industry they didn't understand, and making promises they couldn't keep up with. You can go back to 2013/2014 and read my comments on the bauxite stuff they tried, it was pretty appalling. I had hoped they'd turned over a new leaf with this stuff, but the same directors concerns me. Hope they have some great advisers (which you mentioned they may have)

This is the bit that I believe actually truly explains IMO why you & many others come on HC with various unsubstantiated claims.

Ex holders seem to always be emotive!

A good example is my post with the 4C info of MM companies in Australia. I posted this because I was looking for what it was that prompted so many to come on here demanding further scrutiny of the accounts. No one could answer that other than yourself with the "nothing in the 4C" only your comparison with a scalable, profitable company which was a good one however not backed with specific methodology only opinion.

Take your point above also that they are in an industry they don't understand........Well indeed it is a new industry & I'm guessing it is your bias if you do not realise that CGB have gone into business with some of the best people for growing, retail & distribution in Australia (not to mention partnerships with international companies) so isn't that a good start in a brand new industry? It is the massive drawcard for me!
    Did you miss Dr Bud's post from Business News Aus? How is it that they have CGB at #7 of the top 20 MM/Hemp companies in Oz?

So can you see there seems to be an extreme bias on this thread?

Last edited by Pinnacle: 30/05/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.