SRZ 0.00% 2.0¢ stellar resources limited

Best story I've read on Tin in a long time! Note: @rastus1 I...

1. 1,212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2709

Best story I've read on Tin in a long time! Note: @rastus1 I think you need to be subscriber for that * link to work.

However, it's worth reading it in entirety but I've gleaned the parts that seem relevant to our conversation here:

This ain’t your ordinary base metal
    LME base metal prices have come into sharp focus in recent days after the extraordinary price run in nickel, caused by the withdrawal of Russian supply after its invasion of Ukraine and a mega short squeeze.But Thompson says tin is no nickel.“Tin’s a very different metal from nickel, in terms of who uses it as a contract, volatility and other characteristics,” he said. “So, there’s very little different speculative interest in the tin market, it’s by far the smallest of the LME metals.

Why higher tin prices won’t hurt demand
    Tin is commonly known as the ‘spice metal’ because a little bit of tin is in virtually everything.

“Now, the tin price has already gone from US$15,000/t to US$50,000/t and we’re really not seeing very much of a supply reaction, mainly because these assets are old and nearly exhausted. So the answer is no, I don’t see any sort of supply reaction.”

In fact, he thinks existing producers are showing supply discipline to ensure they run assets longer at higher prices, particularly from miners in Indonesia.“I think there’s a genuine understanding out there in the tin producer market that, I’m not gonna say they’re going to sell half as much, but you can sell less at a higher price,” Thompson said.

“The kind of idea that you can sell half as much at twice the price or twice as long is a sensible business strategy. So I think the production community also knows this is a rare and valuable asset.“And you don’t need to sweat them for cash today if this green energy revolution is around for the next few decades.

There’s an awful lot of money to be made by keeping tin in the ground rather than mining it.”

– –

It begs the question, where is the new supply going to come from? Only a handful of new supply stocks where mentioned, including SRZ.

Plenty of news to come, including imminent assay results.

All IMO, DYOR, GLTAH

Last edited by Mallyrock: 17/03/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $38.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.2¢ 2.0¢ $13.45K 651.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1351436 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 552518 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.