YAL 0.50% $6.09 yancoal australia limited

The fact that western financial institutions are very reluctant...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 36 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    The fact that western financial institutions are very reluctant to have any credit arrangement with a coal company due to ESG concern, resulting any type of M&A of this size at a reasonable finance cost can be only financed by credit providers from the coal consumption heavy countries.

The acquisition and large dividend payment is still an either/or situation. I am sure the independent directors on the board have a fundamental aligned interest to look after the minority shareholders. A lot of decisions need to be made by only them as directors from related parties MUST avoid conflict of interest.

In my view, either through a debt deal with the parent or a syndicated loan with a group of Chinese banks, the M&A need to get the low cost finance to realise maximum shareholder return, with the current interest rate in AU/US, I think the company might well get a better deal if they finance with a Chinese partner since PBOC is actively looking to reduce interest rate. As long as the rate published in the asx filings are reasonable, I don't mind a Chinese finance partner.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YAL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.09
Change
0.030(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $8.041B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.05 $6.12 $5.90 $12.70M 2.099M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1000 $6.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.13 12098 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YAL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.